~Retro Golden Syrup Steamed Pudding~
Posted on August 4, 2016
Default Gallery Type Template
This is the default gallery type template, located in:
If you're seeing this, it's because the gallery type you selected has not provided a template of it's own.
Channel your 1950’s domestic goddess
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup golden syrup
1 1/2 cups self raising flour
1 cup golden syrup extra
- Grease your pudding bowl.
- Beat the sugar and butter until light and fluffy then add the 1/2 cup of syrup.
- Continue beating adding 1 egg at a time.
- Fold in half the flour then half the milk and repeat.
- Pour the cup of golden syrup into the greased pudding bowl then pour the pudding mixture on top of that.
- Use a layer of baking paper and layer of Alfoil to cover the bowl, tie with string then fold the edges over(this will stop water getting in during the steaming process).
- Place a saucer in a large pot then place the pudding on top of that. Fill with water to half way up the bowl.
- Gently boil for 2 hours
- Turn off heat and allow to stand for 20 minutes 10.Turn out onto a serving plate.
I prefer to serve this pudding with an old fashioned vanilla custard Enjoy 💕
Owner and Head Chef
The Pantry HQ
0488 282 832